Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My obsession with cars

Porsche's, Ferrari's, Audi's are all I think of these days. I was recently having dinner with my ex-advisor at the University and he happened to mention "Murali, you have a nice car", and then I went on about the cars which I tested and the latest models and stuff, went on to confess that I was getting crazy about (cars) before I could complete it, the professor just completed it by saying "I can see that". I am just waiting for the day when I will my own Porsche 911 with a 6 speed manual gearbox. Well Ohio sucks with speed limits like 65, I hope to be driving it in Montana at 100 mph. My colleague Anna will join me there for sure, but i dont if she wants another drivers license rusticated. But at present I have no qualms about my Rav4 V6, it just rocks. Simply too stable, amazing power and a joy to ride. Too bad they dont make it with a stick-shift. Some things are better handled manually, anyway the typical lazy american wants a coffee in one hand and the steering in the other, so there goes the stick-shift in the bin. Amazingly almost entire Europe and Asia still seems to love the stick. Of course you dont want a machine to drag you along the Autobahn, you want it to be doing what you want.

No comments: